Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thing 6

TV watching has become the new national past time.  I am as guilty as anyone else.  I turn the TV on after dinner and spend the evening watching it instead of doing something mentally engaging or productive to society.  However, the television is not going anywhere.  But maybe life would be easier if there was an easy way to watch all your shows on line without worrying about being home for a show or even remembering to set the DVR? (Side note--I am a little concerned about the fact that is this a problem for people--including myself-- in the first place.)


While trying to find a website for this activity I started out looking for something strictly tied to the classroom, but I found this quite difficult.  Every educationally related site I found either charged for use, was not as cool as it first seemed, or was in another language.  However, when  I expanded my search and just looked for websites I personally found useful or interesting.  I ended up finding this handy site that links users to locations where they can watch shows on line.  This site, http://www.tv.com/, does not link users to illegal streaming sites, but rather directs them to legal methods of watching the video.  At first, I just thought this was a nice site that I could use in my free time, but then I explored the site further and found some great educational videos including lectures on Ancient Egypt and a movie about the Hidenburg disaster, and an entire series made by the National Archives.  Sometimes, videos accurately depict a historical event and cane be extremely useful in a classroom.  I am so glad that I found this website that I can use in both my free time and in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment